NMEW’s Inaugural Ethics Essay Contest Winners Announced!
On July 15th, NMEW held what will become an annual event, Ethics in New Mexico: Where We’ve Been, Where We Are, Where We’re Going, featuring panelists Stuart Bluestone, newly-appointed NM Ethics Commission member and former Chief Deputy NM Attorney General, former NM State Senator and award-winning author Dede Feldman, and former Chief Justice of the NM Supreme Court and NMEW Board Chair, Richard Bosson. (You can read what the ABQ Journal reported about the event and discussion here.)
Following the panel discussion and audience Q&A, NMEW was pleased to announce the winners of its inaugural student essay contest, which asked students to address, “What does being ethical mean to me?”
The following winners were announced:
- First Place: Lesa Rae Waterer, Class of 2019, Volcano Vista High School, Albuquerque
- Second Place: Taylor Rogers, Cloudcroft High School, Cloudcroft
- Third Place: Tina Memarian, La Cueva High School, Albuquerque
- Honorable Mention: Brooke Blankenship, Volcano Vista High School, Albuquerque
- Honorable Mention: Max Cassady, St. Pius X High School, Albuquerque
Congratulations to the winners and success in your future endeavors!
(You can read Lesa’s winning essay here on our website.)