THE 2019 NMEW ESSAY CONTEST THEME:
What does being ethical mean to you?
DEADLINE APRIL 30TH, 2019
- Entrants must be a Junior or Senior at a New Mexico high school
- All entries must be received by the contest deadline to be considered. Deadline for the 2019 NMEW Essay Contest is midnight, April 30th, 2019.
- Entries must follow the contest guidelines in terms of length, adherence to theme and topic.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Essays become the property of NMEW and may be used in print, digital and web-based promotional materials by NMEW.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for the top three essays in the following amounts:
- 1st place $500
- 2nd place $250
- 3rd place $150
- Honorable Mention (2) $50
- Winners will be notified by late spring or early summer. NMEW requests that winners attend a ceremony that will be held during the summer of 2019, where they will be presented with their prize and a certificate.
- The judging and selection process will be at the sole discretion of New Mexico Ethics Watch, and the judging committee(s) chosen for such purpose. Submissions may be disqualified if submission rules are not followed. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- Entrants are responsible for complying with these guidelines.
- Open to New Mexico residents only.
- Please submit final materials to email@example.com
Each essay contest entry must be between 500-1000 words and must adhere to the theme: What does being ethical mean to you? All essays must be submitted by April 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must include a cover page that contains the following information:
- Entrant’s full name
- Entrant’s age
- First and last name of the entrant’s parent/guardian (if under 18)
- Entrant’s mailing address
- Name of the high school attended
- High school city and state
- Entrant’s telephone number
- Entrant’s email address
Personal information should only be entered onto the cover sheet, as all essays will be judged blindly.
Any submissions that include personal information in the body of the essay will be automatically disqualified.
All essays will be judged using the following criteria: relevance to theme, clarity, creativity, and grammar/spelling.